This delicious Vegan Sour Cream Replacement is a great tasting, smooth, and creamy way to be able to enjoy the comforts of sour cream. With just a few ingredients, this sour cream is easy to make in a blender or food processor. It is perfect for baked potatoes, sour cream veggie dips, chip dip, tacos, enchiladas, or other sauces.
Prep Time 10 minutes
- 1 Can (15oz) Garbanzo Beans
- 1/2 Cup Water
- 1/2 Cup Vivian's Live Again Alfredo Sauce Mix
- 1/2 Tsp Salt
- 1/2 Tsp Vinegar
- Combine water and Alfredo Sauce Mix and heat until boiling.
- Put the garbanzo beans and alfredo sauce in a blender or food processor and blend until smooth.
- Continue to add in the rest of the ingredients and mix well.
Add an extra hint of flavor to the sour cream with the addition of either granulated onion (onion powder) or even nutritional yeast (for a cheesy flavor).
Add a little mustard for additional tang.
NOTE: If using as a dip and you are going to add a flavor packet, reduce the salt until you have tasted it.