A delicious gluten free, dairy free version of this holiday classic casserole. See the Holiday Special to the right and save on the gluten free ingredients you need.
Course Main Course, Side Dish, Thanksgiving
Prep Time 20 minutes
Cook Time 30 minutes
- 2 Cups Water
- 3/4 Cup Vivian's Live Again Creamy Mushroom Soup mix
- 1/2 Tsp Garlic Powder or 1 Clove Garlic
- 1/2 Tsp Black Pepper
- 1 Tsp Gluten Free Soy Sauce
- 1 Pinch Nutmeg- optional
- 1 Medium Onion Cut into thin slices
- 3 Tbs Butter or Oil
- 1/2 Tsp Salt
- 4 15 oz Cans Green Beans Drained
- 1/2 Cup Sour Cream or Vegan Sour Cream
- 1 Cup Funyuns Brand Onion Rings (Replace with crushed GF cereal if dairy intolerant or omit)
- Whisk soup mix into water along with spices and set aside.
- Heat oil in bottom of pan over medium high heat. Add onions and cook while stirring until onions begin to brown .
- Add salt and continue cooking until onions are well browned, being careful not to burn them.
- Add soup mixture and stir, making sure to scrape the bottom of the pan.
- Reduce heat to low and stir in the sour cream.
- Pour beans into a 9x13 casserole dish and pour the soup mixture over the top. Stir gently.
- Bake at 350 for 25 minutes or until bubbly. Top with the Funyuns the last 5 minutes of baking.