Gluten free chicken pot pie that is easy to make from scratch and absolutely delicious!
Course Main Course
Prep Time 60 minutes
Cook Time ~45 minutes
- 2 cup Gluten Free Flour (add Xanthan Gum if not included)
- 2/3 cup Buttermilk
- 1/2 tsp. Baking Soda
- 1/2 cup Shortening
- 1 tsp. Salt
- 1 tsp. Baking Powder
- 2 T Sugar
- 2/3 cup Vivian's Live Again Creamy Chicken Soup Mix
- 2 cup Water
- 1 cup Mixed Vegetables (either fresh or frozen is fine) chopped into bite size pieces
- 1 lb. Cooked, shredded chicken (use leftovers or canned)
- 1/2 Onion chopped or diced
- 1 Garlic Clove diced
- Pie Filling
- Bring water to boil and add soup mix, whisking until smooth.
- Add onion, garlic, vegetables, and chicken.
- Pour into 9x13 casserole dish and set aside.
- Biscuit Topper
- Mix dry ingredients and cut in shortening until it is the size of small peas.
- Add buttermilk to flour mix and stir until all flour has been absorbed and a small ball of dough is formed.
- Add more buttermilk a spoonful at a time if more liquid is needed.
- Roll out dough between 2 pieces of wax paper to form large rectangle that will cover your casserole dish.
- Remove one of the pieces of wax paper and invert the dough onto the top of the casserole dish and filling then remove the other piece.
- Bake at 350 until crust is lightly browned - approximately 45 minutes.