This Mexican inspired chicken dinner is great over rice and even a unique and tasty nacho topper.
Course Main Course
Prep Time 30 minutes
- 1 small Onion diced
- 1 medium Green Bell Pepper
- 3 clove garlic minced
- 1/2 cup Cilantro chopped
- 3 large Chicken Breasts
- 1 tsp Canola or Olive oil
- 2 cup Hot Water
- 1/2 cup Vivian's Live Again Creamy Chicken Soup Mix
- 3/4 tsp Crushed Red Pepper Flakes
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1/8 tsp Appetizer
- 1/2 tsp Cumin
- 2 1/2 Tbsp Lime Juice
- Brown the Chicken in a frying pan with the oil.
- Remove the chicken from the pan and keep warm.
- Add the Onion, Green Pepper, and Garlic, and saute together 5 minutes.
- Pour in water and whisk in soup mix. Bring to a boil.
- Stir in Cilantro, Red Pepper Flake, Cumin, Salt and Pepper, bring to a simmer.
- Add Lime Juice; Add Chicken back into sauce in pan and simmer 5 min. Serve over rice.
*For a faster variation of this recipe for a quick meal, use canned chicken, and do a quick saute of the onion, green pepper and garlic. Then add in the water and soup mix, bring to a boil and add in the rest of the ingredients. Serve over rice or tortilla chips.